Sunday 16 October 2011

Eco- friendly Bedtime Stories




“When you read a book as a child it becomes part of your identity in a way that no other reading in your whole life does.” Well, Meg said it there in You’ve Got Mail, every RomCom girl’s favourite New York love story, and I believe it. I remember parts of my childhood in association with characters I’d read in stories at the time. I remember holidays by the books Mum read to me, I learnt lessons and values from a football playing gorilla, a honey- eating bear and characters in a land entered through a wardrobe.
            But one thing I don’t remember learning, was the ethics behind caring for the environment. I think for me, that really came later. Why not make that lesson earlier?
In Todae’s online eco store there are some fantastic books you can read to your young ones in the sunshine in the backyard or even just before they pop into bed.
            Let’s Turn It Off is a beautifully written and illustrated resource which will encourage kids to read and to consider the importance of energy conservation and sustainable living from get go. Let’s Save Water is in a similar vain, with the aim of instilling respect and value for the environment. Both books are ideal for any children ages 3 and over- a prime time to teach them about caring for the beautiful world we live in.
            Our children can be so easily influenced by anything and everything around them, let’s get ahead of the game and teach them about things that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment